Thursday, May 1, 2008

Worms


We spent a good bit of time working outside today, my dad brought his rototiller and pressure washer down for us to use. (The rototiller for my garden and the pressure washer so we don't have to scrape every inch of our house.) I was digging out roots from a peony plant (or a "piney boosh" if you are my dad :) ) and of course there were worms. Ben and Lilly were absolutely fascinated! Wasn't I just reading on someone else's blog about their kids playing with worms?? Anyway, Lilly held a couple, but was still a little cautious, but Ben thought they were just spectacular! I had him go show his father. You should have seen the disgusted look on Tim's face!! He said something like "Those are supposed to be in the dirt, not in your hands." Good thing my dad was right there to say, "If you're going to be a fisherman, you got to be used to hold'in on to worms!" I love my dad!! I knew a LONG time ago though that certain "manly" hobbies would have to be encouraged by my side of the family!
Can you believe the size of those roots!!! I would never plant peonies!!

2 comments:

Ericksons said...

Gotta love worms! We need to figure out a time to do pictures, so let me know whats best for you.

The Robisons said...

We found some of the biggest worms I have ever seen in my life when we were doing our flowers the other week!! Our biggest problem was teaching Caleb that "its not nice to squeeze them Caleb..." BOYS!!!